background

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Day 32


Painting with water colors is so much fun! Mrs. Moore came today and talked about feelings. Emily got to color a picture of herself and then paint a water color picture that matches that feeling...She loved doing this! Even though she hasn't felt very good today, she made herself happy with lots of "happy" colors! It's amazing to me what art does for her spirits. Her mind starts to think of so many wonderful things to do. It's fun to see the creative juices flowing. She is able to forget about how she is feeling and take a break from it all. Jacqueline is great at this kind of stuff too. They definitely inherited it from their Dad!!!!
We went to BMT Clinic today and Emily is doing wonderful! Her counts are great. She is struggling with high blood pressure still which could be the cause of the stomach aches she has been having and just not feeling well. We are upping the dose of medicine in hopes that it will bring it down to an acceptable level. Overall we are so pleased with her progress. We feel very blessed!

3 comments:

Christy said...

Good for you Emily! I am proud of you that you will smile and be happy even when you may be frustrated or not feeling well. It always makes me feel better when I "act" happy even if my day isn't going that great! Thanks for being a good example.

Angee said...

If you ever needed another fund-raiser, I think having an Emily Art Show would produce quite a bit of money. I would love to see Emily's art. I know Jack is amazingly talented that way...

Jolyn Buhrley said...

I am finally ready to decorate Gracie's room,(she is only 3!!!) I need Jackie to come do her walls!!! Really, I am serious. Maybe we could work out some trading? Does anyone need a root canal?:) How much does she charge?
We could frame some of Emily's fun, happy, colorful art work and the room would be done! My job would be so easy! COME TO BOISE!!