background

Thursday, September 11, 2008

Day 27

Emily had private dance lessons today from Ashley Carlson. She was so excited! Ashley brought lots of fun music and showed Emily lots of fun dance moves. Ashley is so busy with her high school drill team and everything else. It was so sweet of her to take time for Emily. It made our day!

We got to have Dad home all day! His boss ordered him to take the rest of this week off. His boss had a few people come and tell him how tired Matt looked; so, he came to Matt and told him how impressed they have been with how he hasn't fallen behind with work during all this and has done so well, but that it is time to take a paid leave break for a few days and SLEEP! He deserves the break. I can't believe how hard he works and still comes home and has energy for all of us and his church duties. He always has such a positive outlook on life. I know this is what helps him through times like these. He always helps keep me in check when I am find myself slipping. I am so grateful for him. I honestly don't know how I would handle life without him...this is a trial I hope I never have to face!

We spent the day getting some much needed things done which was so helpful. Emily got sick of going in and out of stores but found that Dads shoulders made it a lot more fun! It's funny because just when I didn't think she cared about what strangers thought in stores...I was wrong. She has become more aware that people are looking. She got some great advice from her Uncle Jeremy who is in a wheelchair. Thanks Jer! It is always nice to hear from someone other than Mom say it's OK.

She has been more on edge the past few days and I am sure this is probably why she's been more sensitive to what people think. She's been getting upset really easily; and she's finding out that she doesn't get very far when she yells at me and tells me she won't do....unless I let her have her way. It is taking a while though! It is quite funny to watch actually. I just have to remind myself... DEEP BREATHS!!!

No comments: