background

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Emily went to clinic today. She is doing great! She did have some tests done on her urine because she has been going potty like a crazy woman! I have to wake up 3 times a night to take her to the bathroom, and change her very full pull-up! This is not normal for her. It is better than having her wake up soaking wet; but it is very tiring for both of us. We wondered if diabetes was setting in but the tests showed normal. The nurse said that they found blood in her urine though. We are thinking it is the BK virus--don't know what that is? I don't either but, I guess it is common for bone marrow kids to catch it. The best thing to do is drink lots of fluids and flush it out. They can give her some meds if she is in pain but so far she acts normal other than being very thirsty. The great news is that we are dealing with this at home!!!

3 comments:

Rose said...

Good job typing your first blog, Emily! (or was that you, Thomas)! LOL
Love,
Sister Holladay

Monica said...

I loved your account of the movie. You are an amazing writer. You made me excited to watch that movie! It sounds like a fun movie to watch! I wish I were there to watch it with you! Did you like your book I made you on my blog. Your book should be coming in the mail soon! I love you sooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!

Ging said...

Keeping our fingers crossed for ya, Emily! BTW...great job on your review of the movie. Was that 4 stars?