background

Thursday, September 18, 2008

Emilys story-in her own words

When I was a baby I had to have a Bone Marrow Transplant because I was really sick. I couldn't go outside because I wouldn't wear my mask and I couldn't go to the store or church.
Now I had another Bone Marrow Transplant. I can go to stores because I wear my mask now. But, I still can't go to church or school; but I like it at home.
I take my pills all at once (about 12 at a time!)I get a sticker. I get a prize as soon as my chart is all filled. Every time I take a pill I get a sticker. I call my chart, "Sticker Chart".
I get to go to Cambrys house. She is my first friends house I get to go to but I still can't go to my other friends houses. But I like it at home cause sometimes I don't feel good to play with friends.
At night I think about medicine and it makes me scared, so I want to go and sleep in my Mom and Dads room. That's where I sleep and don't wake up.
I can brush my teeth but one silly thing I can't do is floss! How will I get the things between my teeth out?(her platelets aren't high enough so her gums will bleed)
I like it at home because I get to play with Leo. In the morning I wake up and I like it here.
I am a Super Hero aren't you? Every morning I get medicine through my tube(4 hours) and dance like a princess, read, color, snuggle and watch movies. Most of all my favorite thing is that I am home with my family.
I am a Super Hero just like my sister and my Dad. Jackie's a Super Hero because she saved my life.
Anyway,I lost my hair but I know it will grow back.
My Dad is strong and brave and stuff like me! Someday I will be just like my sister when I grow up. She is the best sister and my Daddy is the best too!
Author-Emily Heaps

I just had to share this tender story. I could barely keep up with her as she told me what to write! I love it when she opens up like this. It is actually a rare thing! She wants us to send it to the Friend so she can see her story in a magazine!

5 comments:

Rose said...

It would be so awesome if she drew pictures and made a little book out of her story!

Unknown said...

she is adorable! YOU are awesome Princess emily!

Whitnie Wells said...

What a sweetheart! I love her big smile that she shares in all her pics! I promise I am calling you soon! We have been crazy!

Amber said...

This is so touching and priceless. I'm so glad you are blogging! Thanks for sharing.

Ging said...

Way to go Em!!